In addition to our elected Board positions, PACO also has a variety of other leadership roles - namely Representatives and Committee Chairs.
Our Representative positions and Committee Chairs are a one-year term. The Representatives and Committee Chairs are not elected by the general membership, but are appointed by the Executive Board, after a review of the applications received. Anyone interested in any of the following positions listed below, please fill out the applicable form.
The Representative positions are:
- Public Relations Representative - As PR Rep, you are tasked
with the awesomeness of planning a fantastic Paralegal Day
each May along with other PR events you want to help PACO.
- Statewide Representative - The Statewide Rep attends bi-annual
meetings within the state Ohio conversing with other paralegal
associations to help promote the profession and assist other
associations in the same.
- NFPA Representative - As NFPA Rep, you work to promote
the benefits to the membership about NFPA and work with
other national associations to help promote the paralegal
- Student Liaison Representative - The Student Liaison Rep
promotes the benefits of PACO, CBA, and NFPA to potential
and current student paralegals throughout the various paralegal
programs in Central Ohio.
The list of Committee Chairs are:
- Job Bank Committee - The Job Bank Chair facilitates the
submissions of open paralegal positions to the membership
so they are aware of openings.
- Pro Bono Committee - The Pro Bono Chair schedules PACO
pro bono activities in the community.
- Program Committee - The Programs Chair is tasked with
planning and coordinating the monthly General Membership
- Mentoring Committee - The Mentoring Chair pairs up senior
mentors and junior and paralegal student mentees as a way
for senior paralegals to pay it forward.
- Elections Committee - The Elections Chair handles the
elections process every other year. The next elections cycle
is 2015 for positions going from July 1, 2015 to June 30,
- Bylaws Committee - The Bylaws Chair maintains the current
regulations and policies for PACO.
- Professional Development Committee - The Professional
Development Chair handles the scholarships offered by PACO
to members as well as oversees any roundtables established
such as litigation and corporate.
the application for the Representative positions
the application for the Committee Chair positions
These applications can also be found on the PACO website at
All applications must be submitted by 4:00pm on Friday, May
30 to firstname.lastname@example.org.