September 9: Board Meeting, 6:00pm at Poling Law.
September 17: PACO General Membership Meeting, 12:00-1:00pm at the Columbus Bar Association offices (175 S. Third St., Suite 1100, Columbus, OH 43215).
Topic: Managing Information in the Cloud
Cloud computing presents many benefits to companies wishing to cut storage and other IT costs. However, from the legal perspective, cloud computing poses several privacy, eDiscovery, regulatory and security risks. Although IT often believes cloud computing is a win-win, they frequently fail to consider and address all the risks when moving forward. During this presentation, Martin Susec will present all the issues and questions you should discuss with IT before they move forward with cloud solutions and will offer several solutions to help them in reducing the risks.
*Please plan to attend, have lunch and socialize with fellow members!
Earn .75 General CLE Credit!
Free lunch for first 35 members who RSVP.
*RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org IS REQUIRED 1 week prior!
A special THANK YOU goes out to to our Vender of the Month for providing lunch: ANDERSON REPORTING
October 9-12: NFPA - Annual Convention (Dallas, TX)
October 11: The Fall 2014 Ohio Statewide meeting will be in Toledo on Saturday, October 11th. Additional details coming soon!
October 14: Board Meeting, 6:00pm at Poling Law.
October 21: OSBA Certification Study Group, 12:00pm at the Columbus Bar Association Mediation Room.
Are you considering sitting for the Spring 2015 Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA) Paralegal Certification Exam? If so, please plan to join the PACO-sponsored OSBA Paralegal Certification Exam Study Group Committee for more information about the certification and an orientation for the upcoming Study Group Meetings. Guest speakers include Christopher Roudez, OSBA Section and Certification Services Coordinator, and paralegals who have earned the title of OSBA Certified Paralegal.
Orientation will be held on Tuesday, October 21, 2014, at Noon, Columbus Bar Association, Mediation Room, 175 South Third Street, Suite 1100, Columbus.
The Study Group is open to both PACO and non-PACO members. If you cannot attend and would like more information about the study group or if you would like to receive notices of study session dates and locations, please contact Vicki Babbert at Vicki.Babbert@icemiller.com, Tel: 614-462-4925.
Check out the OSBA website for further details on the certification.
November 11: Board Meeting, 6:00pm at Poling Law.
December 9: Board Meeting, 6:00pm at Poling Law.
January 13: Board Meeting, 6:00pm at Poling Law.
February 10: Board Meeting, 6:00pm at Poling Law.
March 10: Board Meeting, 6:00pm at Poling Law.
April 14: Board Meeting, 6:00pm at Poling Law.
May 12: Board Meeting, 6:00pm at Poling Law.
June 9: Board Meeting, 6:00pm at Poling Law.
Everyone is invited to attend and participate in these clinics that offer free legal advice to persons in need. Student members should especially should think about attending and obtaining experience. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- 1st Monday of each month @ 5 pm - Vineyard Church, 6000 Cooper Road, Far North Westerville (http://www.vineyardcommunitycenter.org/pages/clinics.aspx)
- 1st Thursday of each month @ 5:30 pm - United Methodist Church, 501 East Broad Street, Downtown Columbus
- 2nd Tuesday of each month @ 6 pm - First Church of God, 3480 Refugee Road, Southeast Columbus
- 2nd Thursday of each month @ 5:30 pm - The Greater Hilltop Area Shalom Zone, 1100 Hague Avenue, West Columbus
- 3rd Tuesday of each month @ 5:30 pm - UALC The Church at Mill Run, 3500 Mill Run Drive, Hilliard, OH, Northwest Columbus
- 3rd Thursday of each month @ 5:30 pm - The Broad Street Presbyterian Church, 760 East Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205
- 4th Monday of each month @ 5:30 pm - New Salem Baptist Church / Gye Nyame Center, 2830 Cleveland Avenue, Columbus, OH 43211
- 4th Wednesday of each month @ 5:30 pm - Mt. Olivet Baptist Church, 428 East Main Street, Near Downtown Columbus